Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Meet the Bridesmaids

Christine Lee, Maid of Honor
Christine is awesome. She's a great friend, a brilliant mind, and a sweet soul. She's also, among other things, Canadian. But I love her still. Christine and I met at 'The Gathering,' which may sound like a cult but is actually the college and young adults group at Shades Mountain Bible Church in Hoover. We met during Christine's first post-grad trip to TG, and have been best friends ever since. We went to UAB together and bonded over student government and Campus Crusade, Into the Streets, etc. etc. etc. I love Christine because she will always tell me like it is, keep me in check, and love me unconditionally. I like to think we share the same sensibility and no-nonsense outlook on life. But if you tell Chris I said that, she'll tell you I'm crazy. She is the sane one! ;)

Jessica Myrick Smith
Jess and I go way back - like 10 years back ;) We met as freshmen at Pine Forest, and no one was ever safe again. Just kidding! We were saints, saints I tell you! Seriously, we were straight A students who never got in trouble. Except for that one trip to S.C., right Jess? Oh, Fernessa. Anyway, we took Journalism I together freshmen year, and then took the leap and bonded over yearbook for the next three. That, and the fact that we had every single class together (seriously - except P.E. - I'm the jock in this duo;) made us pretty inseperable. Many slumber parties and scrapbooks later, here we are - getting married in the same year! I had the honor of standing by Jess on her big day just a few months ago, and am thrilled she'll be beside me on mine. Jess is a part of the family and I think mine may be more excited to see her than me on August 5 ;)

Julienne Marie Hasty
There are no words to describe my true pattina love. Julie is crazy as crazy can be, but what else would I expect from my bff? We also met at The Gathering when Julie had just graduated from SMCS. She thought I was the weirdest person she'd ever met. And she was right ;) She has the same appreciation for fun, and movies, and family, and laughing, and good-looking guys (like Shannon!) - that I do. We've shared so many good times, and I'm looking forward to many more. Julie can make me laugh so hard I pee my pants and I love that. She's always there for me, no matter what, and I'm thrilled she'll be there on my big day too, rockin' that teal dress! 




Alison Nicole Vignolo
Ali and I are 2.5 years apart (almost to the day), so we've spent some time together for sure! ;) I can always count on Ali to tell me what she really thinks and to always have my back no matter what. I'm so happy she'll be a part of our wedding day.

Elizabeth Olease MacKendreeLiz is the 'baby' sister of the family - now and forever! Sorry, kid ;) We're ten years apart, so it's been a real blast to watch her grow up before my eyes. She is an awesome little sister and I'm so proud to have her be a part of our big day!

 




Audra Noelle WheatleyAudra is Shannon's only sister (and soon to be my third!), and is a wonderful, caring girl whom I can always laugh with. She is so much like Shannon, and it's so fun to see them together. I can't wait to have her celebrate with us on the big day!

No comments: