I absolutely love hydrangeas, and have been dying to plant a few in the flowerbed out front since about 2 months prior to the day we closed on the house. But, there are many other projects that have taken priority (and rightfully so), and it's best to plant in the fall, and we have stumps to grind before planting, and it gets pushed back to next year.
Lo and behold, my prayers were answered and we (read: shannon while mowing the lawn after having let it get just a WEE bit past due) literally FOUND two plants popping up along the fence line in the back yard that are - yep - hydrangeas! They're already over a foot tall and there's a bloom on one. If the sun doesn't scorch them, they should produce blooms in the next few weeks.
And yes, I realize I'm blogging pretty much exclusively about old lady things like gardening, cooking, and tea. And I'm loving every minute of it. ;)
In other news, we leave next week for our summer vacation - 10 days in Italy. Yippeee!
Happy summer everyone!
Lo and behold, my prayers were answered and we (read: shannon while mowing the lawn after having let it get just a WEE bit past due) literally FOUND two plants popping up along the fence line in the back yard that are - yep - hydrangeas! They're already over a foot tall and there's a bloom on one. If the sun doesn't scorch them, they should produce blooms in the next few weeks.
And yes, I realize I'm blogging pretty much exclusively about old lady things like gardening, cooking, and tea. And I'm loving every minute of it. ;)
In other news, we leave next week for our summer vacation - 10 days in Italy. Yippeee!
Happy summer everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment